Thursday, July 02, 2020

Unplanned Absence

I wasn't planning on taking a break from posting this week. It just turned out that way.

This past Sunday evening, I received the first round of edits on my anthology from my editor. That has required my attention. For one thing, my natural inclination would have been to join the previous two sentences using the conjunction "and". However, it seems that I overdo that a bit. Not my fault (Narrator: totally his fault), it's just the way I tend to talk, so I write that way.

Now, that's just one thing to look out for. There's other work that needs to be done. Writing is rewriting. And one of the stories definitely needs some rewriting.

I'm not editing the entire day. On the other hand, pretty much all the time in front of my PC is spent with these files. When I've reached a limit for the day, I'm too tired to start thinking about comics or any of my blogs.

So everything is in a little bit of a holding pattern for the moment.

By the way, did I mention that I have a flash fiction anthology coming out?

No comments: