Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Online Engagement

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)

(C)Copyright 2020, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

They always know more than they think they know because they have so many other tools in their kit if they look to use them.

I've been wanting to do something like this since the lockdown began. The question was how to do it. At one point, I thought about just using their houses, which would imply that they all lived on the same street, which maybe they do. And then I thought about gaming -- but that meant recreating that environment. It was a while before it occured to me that I only needed to create a sense of the environment, and not copy the world itself. As it is, the landscape for this comic was proably twice the size as what I used.

I tagged this as a "School Life" comic, even if it doesn't fit that format. But the time I was done, I knew I wasn't squeezing it down to the dimensions I usually use.

For what it's worth, I did want to have more story lines involving the students this scholatic year, even if I hadn't plotted out exactly what those stories would be. Whatever they might have been, everything had to be put on hold before being scrapped for this year.

Ironically -- and this may still come up -- the last time Daisy appeared, she was comfortable enough to make eye contact with someone. The next step would've been attempting to allow someone to hold her hand. And then the lockdown occured. Timing is everything.




Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: