Saturday, October 19, 2013

Does Anyone Know Anything About the Recent Comments Widget?

Does anyone know anything about the recent comments widget? (And if you do, can you tell me about it?)

If you scroll down the page, you'll notice that the sidebar has both a Recent Comments and a Top Comments widget. The reasons for this are that a) I didn't just want to see the "top" comments, and b)the Top feature stopped working for a while. In fact, it still doesn't work correctly -- when I see it now, it's usually just the recent comments. That is, unless all the comments are equally valued.

For the past few days, I haven't seen either the Top or the Recent appear in the sidebar (other than the headings). I don't know if they aren't working, or if it's a byproduct of the school networks I've been using.

So if anyone knows a widget I can use -- or how to program a new one -- I would be interested. I do get email when new comments are made, but I'd like other people to know about the comments as well because my hope is that one day there might actually be a discussion.

Right now, the only discussion that has gone more than, say, 4 responses in the Coffee Logic comic and that traffic mostly came from one source.

Actually, that reminds me: if there's a widget that lists which posts have the most comments, I'd be interested in that as well.

Thanks.

No comments: