Monday, August 04, 2014

Hear Yourself Talk

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2014, C. Burke.

Is ''Hear Yourself Talk'' = ''Talking To Yourself'' ?

"Speak up more?" Isn't it enough that they're awake and in class? (Or, at least, in class?)

Reviewing that exam, I could have used an actual negative correlation question, but they were too wordy to fit in a panel.
And, to be honest, I never would have copied it onto the board with chalk. (Maybe with a projector, but not chalk.)




2 comments:

Bill R said...

But projected text would be hard to cartoon as nicely as this chalk is done. I like look of chalk even if it's unrealistic for rapid fire exam post-mortem.

(x, why?) said...

I'm mixing comic and reality a little, and not being entirely clear about it.

The comic was meant to be a review for an exam (which is going on a lot right now in NY). As such, old exams are used. The question on the board came from the August 2013 Regents. The date didn't fit in the panel, so I left it out.

In reality, I wouldn't have copied so much of the question onto the board. It's too much writing. They would have copies in front of them. So a question with a lot of text would be read out loud but not appear on the board unless I was projecting it somehow.

But for comics, yeah, I like the chalk look.