Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day 2015

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2015, C. Burke.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

I admit: I was tapped out this year. I've thanked people and made puns, and there wasn't else I could say, except "Thank You" again. I have no problems with the Thank You's, but it doesn't make for a good comic, especially when I haven't updated in a week (because of work and other concerns).

Earlier this morning, while I was sweeping a mess of leaves outside, this came to me. I realize that I've seen an Internet "joke" with something similar on a test paper, but I still put my own little twist on it. For one thing, I got to bring out the (Grand)father and (Great)Uncle characters. For another, I added a little diversity to the mix of character -- something I've been reluctant to do because I was afraid it would turn out badly.

My last regret about doing this last minute: I don't have the numbers and the diversity I would like in this pic. But any more people and they would have been blurs in the background. After 1000 comics, my skill is improving, but I have a long way to go. And I still have my day job.

Happy Veterans Day.

Here's a clickable link from the comic: Wounded Warrior Project.




Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.




1 comment:

(x, why?) said...

Thank you, Anonymous poster, for your kind words. Next time, please leave them without a bunch of links.

If you're here for free advertising, at least introduce yourself.

If you're here to spam my boards, they will be deleted.