Monday, November 18, 2013

Tangent

(Click on the cartoon to see the full image.)

(C)Copyright 2013, C. Burke.

Thanks to Gregory Taylor of Taylor's Polynomials for allowing me use of his Tangent character. It saved me from making another graph or creating a one-shot character.

That said, any occupational or relational issues discussed here do not extend back to Mr. Taylor's serial ... unless he chooses to incorporate it. Not my call. (but what a good storyline it could be ... dit-dooda-dit-dooda-dit ...)

EDIT: As Mr. Taylor pointed out to me in a tweet, the relationships mentioned couldn't carry over as-is into his strip, because I implied (stated, actually) Cotangent was male. However, in his serial, the trig functions (regular and "co-") are all female. It's the arc- functions which are male. It was right there in the Cast of Characters (from where I took the image) and I should've noticed it. Not that it would have changed anything one bit. Just a little trivia on the side. Now was that the opposite side or the adjacent side?




No comments: