Friday, January 11, 2019

Clip - Art

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)

(C)Copyright 2018, C. Burke.

That Art! He is the Clipper to the Stars!

Ten years in the making, at least. And I originally wanted to put some familiar head shots in there, like you see on barber walls.

I've had the joke, but not the means to do it. Then, on a whim, I checked the web for 8-bit creators, and found a couple. I created a witch in no time. And then I nearly crashed my iPad when I tried using some of the site's functions to either save or email the picture. Seriously, if was a half-hour or more before my iPad was responding, and I was afraid I would have to do another factory reset.

Luckily, the second site was a little better and PC friendly. I recreated my witch, print-screened and saved it that way. Then I re-colored it to match my original witch, which I liked better. (Which witch? The first one.)

I made the next three in a couple of days, and passed them by the expert: my son. I thought they came out good, but didn't know what was sticking on the side of the second guy's head. I said I was going for "Elf". Oh, well. I changed the coloring a little.

Next problem was that the joke was ALWAYS "Four SHAVES, Four Haircuts". Only one guy had a beard -- and one of the others was female.

First try was to create the pirate, who I thought was "okay" but I wasn't happy with his eyepatch or his hat. Keep in mind, he came before either of the two pirate jokes that I already posted this week. He could've tied them all together very nicely. (He might've been part of the reason I came up with the other two jokes, and well as the play on "Barber".)

But I liked the witch, and I thought that a wizard wouldn't be a difficult transition. So I went that route instead.

For those who are interested, the original artwork is posted below. The knight always had a beard, even before I "remembered" the joke. Witch, elf, barbarian (part satyr?), knight, pirate, wizard.

I hope you like them. I could try to recreate them sometime, but it won't be easy though.




Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.




No comments: