Monday, September 23, 2013

"I Am Providence"

I drove to Providence, RI this past weekend to visit Brown University. While I was there, I took a site trip to the cemetery when I found out who was there.

Earlier Rant has been pushed down a bit.

The inscription reads "I AM PROVIDENCE"

H. P. Lovecraft resides in a plot right behind the Phillips family monument. So in my circle of friends, I've probably read the least amount of his works, but I'm the only one to have paid him a visit. Geek Cred.


My earlier Rant continues below. I could add that editing this text box has been almost as big a hassle as loading and copying the image. But I won't.

okay. This is now a Rant. I hate the new iOS on my iPad which will no longer allow me to upload from my camera roll. I just spent 20 minutes, and most of that was waiting for it to load images that are already online at blogger. And worse than that, there is no option for my iPad, just for my phone -- but this isn't a phone! And the iOS should know that it isn't. If I click on the phone option, it find one video and ignores literally 100s of images.

So you'll have to wait until I find a PC or a laptop to show you the gravesite marker of H.P. Lovecraft. Maybe there's some unspeakable horror preventing the image from uploading. Yeah, let's go with that!

until later.

No comments: