Saturday, September 03, 2022

School Life #33: Beach Days

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

Everyone wants that last beach day, but you don't always want to run into everyone else.

I thought it would be funny to have her popping up in Mike's pool, being Michele's substitute and all, but other than making it a dream sequence, I couldn't see a reason to get her there with her bathing suit. So I went with a beach day where the students hung out.

This was suppose to post yesterday. Oops. Somewhere along the way the formatting got away from me, and by the time I realized it was too narrow -- after creatively squeezing things in -- I wasn't going to backtrack or start over.

This was one of those times where the dialogue wasn't fully formed in my head before I started it. Partly because you can only squeeze in so many words, and partly because I was still debating the last lines. Missy has been the nosy one and will ask questions. This can be rude sometimes in certain situations, particularly with adults. I also debated if Vanessa would have a comeback along the lines of "but you didn't know that" or "maybe she has a girlfriend" or similar. Everything that occured to me sounded better if it were in fan fiction or an after panel. And an after panel was almost a possibility when I realized the space I had remaining. It would've looked terrible.

For anyone knew here: my comics vary in size from day to day, but I try to keep the mini-features like School Life, minis and even Ken-Do to one defining format. Sometimes, like with Math Horror Movies I change the size, but a lot goes into that decision, because then I'll still with it moving forward.



I also write Fiction!


You can now order Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Order the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: