Saturday, August 27, 2022

Only Numbers

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

Letters posing as numbers? Nothing is what it seems to be!

I was originally going to use variables and call the building the "Algebraica" but then simplified it. Since pi is introduced in early grades as a number, I went with e and i. R was an afterthought because I thought I needed something else and I didn't want to use another alphabet.

The font that the show uses is called The New Yorker (like the magazine). That and several similar fonts were available for download, but only for personal use. Right now, this website is personal, but I can't say that this will always be the case. And, technically, since Google ads have been turned on, this hobby could be considered a business by people who wish to bust your chops and take your money. So I went generic.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



2 comments:

One Brow said...

What is the value of R, and what is it based on? I might have chosen "c" (the count of the continuum) as a third number.

(x, why?) said...

I was thinking of the set of Real numbers, which is why I drew the R in that manner. I debated adding a third letter but I wanted something that my non-math friends (particularly the ones who are fans of the show) might recognize. (Granted, if any of them assume it's "radius", I won't lecture them otherwise.)

I also wasn't sure if I should use my numeric characters or create new ones, like Steve 14, Martin 4, and Thirteena Gomez.