Friday, July 29, 2022

Signal-to-Noise 2

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

The caveat being that I strive for more signal in my own blog, but 100% math all the time would short-curcuit my brain.

This is the reason that the math jokes and questions give way to teacher and family jokes of other silliness. And why my Regents explanations try to have a conversational, rather than a purely clinical, academic tone to them. I couldn't enjoy that, and I don't think others could. Really, after the 15th math joke, anyone still here would be saying, "That's nice. What else you got?"

While I was composing this, it occured to me that I might've done something similar in the past. I did -- back in 2013 -- but the graph was different then the one I was envisioning now, so I went ahead with it. (Note the "2" in the title.) I needed a "quickie" after the last two comics.

Okay, now bring in da noise, bring in da signal!



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: