Thursday, July 28, 2022

Summer Friends

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

Sometimes you just need someone to listen. And sometimes you need someone to pretend to be listening.

I used the "School Life" tag, but I didn't give it a number because I couldn't fit it into the format that I've been using for those strips. I've done that before.

I spent a bit of time working on some of the other characters, and then realized that they didn't fit in, or weren't needed. So a squeezed a few down for that final panel, because everyone at school has more friends than they realize. The social network between the different groups is growing, at least for the groups that are the same age.

As for Kyung's brother, it's a story that got lost in the shuffle between the pandemic affecting the comic and my home and work life. Maybe I'll write my own fan fiction on Archive Of Our Own at some point. Or maybe someone else will beat me to it.

Like Michele's pregnancy, it's gone on longer than I anticipated. (Okay, I actually liked the idea of the pregnancy lasting for two years because almost no one ages in this strip.)

They'll be more in the days ahead. I hope. Depending upon life.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: