Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Primorial

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

Soup's on!

Primorial numbers are something new for me. Similar to factorial, and represented with # instead of !, a primorial number, n#, is the product of all the primes less than or equal to n, with 0# = 1# = 1.

They have their uses in math higher than I tend to cover on this page.

I'd rank it a little double the double factorial, !!, which I encountered a decade ago in an article about probability and Texas Hold-em. In that game, each player has 2 hole cards, and their order doesn't matter. This is also likely the first time in nearly a decade that I've thought about Texas Hold'em. The fad kinda passed for me.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: