Friday, May 27, 2022

Zero Search

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

You 2 can be a 0!

First off, this comic was first published in Madrid in Boletín Nº50 from Instituto de Matemática Interdisciplinar (IMI), Universidad Complutense de Madrid. I promised them some new comics that I hadn't published here first. The problem is that the comic needed to be about math, not about teachers or geeky stuff, and it couldn't rely on a pun that might not translate. (As it is, the comics are not translated into Spanish. Not be me, at any rate.)

I had the idea for this one for a couple of weeks. When I finally decided to do it, I realized that I didn't like any of the titles I came up with for the talent show. The Next Zero, The Next Big Zero, Top Zero. Obviously, I couldn't include "America" since it was debuting in Spain. Finally, I just fell back on Zero Search, which works well for finding the roots of functions.

Yes, I probably overthought all of this.

For the longtime readers, that Nonnie Tyler ("Holding Out for a Zero") as the third celebrity judge.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: