Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Keys: An Empirical Study

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

The probabilty of successfully unlocking the door on the first time is very low.

In actuality, the incorrect key fits into the cylinder but doesn't turn. However, the correct key, at times, does not turn on the first attempt leading the user (i.e., me) to believe that it is, in fact, the incorrect of the two keys.

However, this wasn't as easy to illustrate, so I went with non-entry, which doesn't actually happen with similar keys. The bathroom key, for example, is a completely different key and wouldn't fit into the cylinder at all. However, there is no circumstance under which I'd mistake the bathroom key for the classroom key.

I will add in these notes that I believe I saw a similar image years ago about orienting a thumb drive correctly. I will defend this comic by saying first, these involves the selection of one out of two separate keys, as opposed to lining up a USB or picking up the correct end of a paper clip. Second, this actually happens to me on a daily basis. I'm living this comic, making this autobiographical.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: