Thursday, January 27, 2022

Calendar Problems

As mentioned in other posts, I follow the "Math a Day" Calendar posts on Twitter, and I've even supplied the "official" answer a few times.

I like them so much that I starting using them as warmups in my own classes. The problem was that sometimes the question was at a level beyond my students' current abilities or they were just trivial in nature. Moreover, if an AP walked in, I'd think that they'd prefer to see a "Do Now" that related to what was being covered that day. To that extent, I started writing some of my own.

What follows are a handful of the calendar problems that I created. If any of Rebecca Rappaport's snuck through, allow me to apologize in advance for the error. The answers to each should be a whole number between 1 and 31. The ones below are not necessarily sequential.

If this is popular, I can make it a regular thing. Maybe every other Thursday or so, assuming I have enough to post (and I remember to schedule the post).

As always, math teachers are welcome to use these in their classrooms. If you put them online, please credit this blog. And a link would be nice. Maybe a comment saying "Howdy"? Please refrain from adding them from things that you intend to sell.

Enjoy!

No comments: