Monday, January 03, 2022

Happy New Year 2022

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2021, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

Happy New Year!

ANd we're back, with a new year. There was nothign keeping me away last week, except any unexpected lethargy any time I sat near my computer. Whatever ideas I had fled my mind whenever I sat in that chair.

I had few ideas for New Years Eve. I was going to go back to Ken and Michele, whom I've spent a number of New Years Eves with, adding their daughter into the picture. But nothing seemed to work out, comicwise.

Mathwise, I've done the binary thing quite a few times, and every math person on social media is ready with factors and special expressions summing up to 2022. After a while, it seemed that doing anything like that would be uninspired.

When I thought about polyhedra, I did research enough to find a couple of 22-sided shapes, but nothing that looked like you could roll them. So I went with the rhombicuboctahedron, which I used in a Mini- comic in 2020. It has 24 26 sides, and wouldn't be a good die for rolling considering the different areas of the faces.

Now that the holidays are out of the way, we can get back to comics which don't require specific publication windows. Maybe it's time to upgrade my windows. I don't know.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



2 comments:

One Brow said...

How does that second die not have 26 sides? There's a top, a bottom, and three layers of 8 sides in between.

(x, why?) said...

It does. Thanks for keeping me honest.

Apparently, I was more tired than I thought. I was flipping through wiki pages. When I saw the Rhombicuboctahedron, I knew I already had images drawn, ready for use.

I then read the 24 vertices as 24 faces. Obviously, it has 3 sections of 8 faces plus a top and a bottom for a total of 26.