Friday, August 13, 2021

Fibonacci Day 8-13-21

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2021, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

To say that I've had this planned out all along would be a Fib.

My only thought was to use "comic timing" to let this carry on for a couple of years. The pandemic muddled a lot for the past 16 months, and I didn't see the point and continuing on until, say, next June, before the baby arrived. I guess all the "planning for parenthood" stuff can be left to Fan Fiction. I could make a little archive of my own side fiction.

As for the Math portion of today's comic: the date 8-13-21 consists of three Fibonacci numbers in a row. Since the number 13 isn't on our calendar, unless a new month is invented by 2034, there will not be any more Fibonacci dates this century. The next one will occur on January 1, 2102, and thus can be celebrated all around the world.

For sharp-eyed readers, there is nothing wrong with your browser. Real life has called upon me several times in the past few days, so this couldn't be completed by Friday night. An actual Friday the 13th scenario for yours truly. I don't make a habit of back-dating comics.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.




Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: