Friday, April 10, 2015

The Alien's Table: Self-Referential

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2015, C. Burke.

That table and half the chairs are in the basement. Still have the horrid paneling.

For the record, this is their fifth comic as a collective, although the Andorean appeared separately in this comic.

The photo was actually taken in 2005, long before I had this comic or even a blog. The picture was for eBay. Buyer's remorse, I guess. I thought that they were cool for a while, but with the kids and other stuff in the house, I thought I should get rid of them. They aren't out -- they're in a box in the basement. My best offer was "those are the cutest thing I've even seen. I just wish I had someone to buy them for." I think I even brought them with me to Lunacon one year, but came back home with them.

I hadn't intended on the photo to be A Thing. Then again, five times in 1,000 really isn't. I just hope it isn't a problem if I ever make a book out of these strips.

BONUS COMIC

A few years back (2011 or 2012), Lawrence Schoen of the Klingon Language Institute made this video of Soft Targy (to the tune of "Soft Kitty" from The Big Bang Theory). I adapted it as a comic and set it to him, and then showed it to him at Lunacon. He acknowledged having seen it before. (YES!) Oddly, I could not find the original stored on my hard drive anyway (it might be on a back-up disk), so I had to download it from a Facebook page. Enjoy.






Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: