Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Catching Up on My Reading List (and Reviews)

While I have some time off, I'm catching up on my reading and also on my reading list. What I mean by that is that I like to keep track of the things I read -- what books, the authors, and something about them. Years ago, a friend posted a list of the books he'd read at the end of the year, and I found that I couldn't remember what books I'd read. So I started keeping a text file with the titles and authors.

This worked for a while until I realized that I saw titles of books that I couldn't remember. (Granted, some were very memorable, but that isn't much of an excuse.) So I started writing little summaries of the main characters and the plot. And then I started posting them on a blog, and they morphed a bit into reviews other people could read and enjoy instead of book reports that I was handing in to Sister Rose.

Anyway, I've uploaded a bunch of book reviews, which will appear daily, starting today. The first is Eric Flint's 1632 or the Ring of Fire. The rest can be seen on my reading blog.

No comments: