Friday, June 21, 2024

School Life #42: Oh Well

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2024, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

It's amazing the little tidbits I remember from odd Jeopard categories or other game shows.

It works both ways, when some odd thing I remember from my life turns out to be an answer.

One quick Final Jeopardy stories: years ago my brother Stephen told me a philosophy joke (seriously). I've since heard it repeated numerous times using Plato and Socrates. But Stephen used Satre and Camus. I've encountered Satre's name since then but really know nothing about him. The clue on Jeopardy wanted to know who Satre was refering to when he said (some quote). I'm sitting at home thinking, "How the hell should I know? Camus!"

And the answer was Camus. And none of the contestants got it.

As for this joke, it was something that occurred to me in class, and then I realized that I do have a character named Mark. Except that Mark has been shown, I believe, to be one of the smarter students.



I also write Fiction!


A Bucket Full of Moonlight is funding NOW on Kickstarter.

A long of stretch goals have been unlocked, meaning that there are a lot of freebies and extras to be had!

Check out my book or any (or all!) of the six other books being launched!


You can now order my latest Burke's Lore, Briefs: Portrait of a Lady Vampire & Other Vampiric Cravings, written by Christopher J. Burke, which contains the aforementioned story and three other stories.
Order the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

And don't forget that Burke's Lore, Briefs:A Heavenly Date / My Damned Best Friend is still available!





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: