Thursday, April 07, 2022

(x, why?) Mini: Strictly

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

It's a French thing. Don't get flaky on me.

So I occasionally seen math problems, puzzles, and riddles posted on social media (particularly Twitter), outside of the confines of the Math Calendar that I respond to. There was a recent problem posted to which someone replied, "That's a strictly crescent function!". To which I replied (in my head, not online), "That's a strictly what-now?"

Okay, so it's something beyond the scope of what I'll teach in Algebra or Algebra 2. On the other hand, it's not beyond the scope of a bad math pun. So voila! And bon appetit.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: