Wednesday, April 06, 2022

(x, why?) Mini: Inscribed

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

It's a bad dream oval all.

Obligatory Math: Of the regular polygons, only an equilateral triangle and a square can be inscribed inside an ellipse (assuming it isn't also a circle).

There are limits to MS Paint (and it's worse with this ancient monitor I'm currently sitting at), but it's been my intent that the shapes in this particular world that look to be regular are supposed to be regular. That said, I changed the triangle image I usually use because it looked more isosceles to me. Thanks to this PC, I may have to touch up the comic when I get home.

Obviously, the officer is not regular, but he makes a point of stating what I wasn't sure was obvious, and what was important for the comic.

It's also important to realize that despite the usual "regularness", this shape world has Trapezoid Rule.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: