Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)

(C)Copyright 2018, C. Burke.

Happy New Year! I'm getting tired of these.

Seriously, if I kept a regular schedule and produced close to 150 comics per year, then "filler" comics like this one would be okay. But I've only done 1400 or so in 11 years, which is a smaller average.

I don't want to be a holiday comic any more than I want to be an "in memorium" comic. Basically, I need a fresh take on New Years Eve and New Years Day. The "Eve" is the party day, while the "Day" is the number change. I've done binary and other weird combinations already.

And I'm less impressed about finding some mathematical equation that equals 2019 (or whichever year) because in the waning days of December, there will be tweets galore on social media with so many sums of squares and such. (And quite a few will be just expanded binary operations.)

In summary, if something brilliant doesn't occur to me -- and frankly, I don't think I'll ever top 2013 or the original bad pun for 2008 -- next year will likely be a random character stating "Happy New Year. This is 2020." Okay, I guess I need a Hugh Downs and Barbara Walters by then.




Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.




No comments: