Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Data-Driven

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)

(C)Copyright 2018, C. Burke.

''Discussion'' that I've overheard after different types of tests.

Yes, I get that "data" is important, but giving everyone the same exact multiple-choice test in a math class? For every exam? Ridiculous. And then people who should know better wonder why students have problems with open-ended problems on standardized testing. Or why they just can't explain a concept.

And don't get me started on how easy it is to cheat on a single-version multiple-choice test. At least, let me make two versions and I'll key in the results myself! (The problems with multiple versions of a computerized exam start with the kids needing to know in advance who has which version of the test and having to mark their bubble sheet accordingly. And if they mark it incorrectly or not at all, it's a waste of effort.)




Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.




No comments: