Monday, August 05, 2013

Lost in Thought

(Click on the cartoon to see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2013, C. Burke.

The scary part is that this is how my mind actually works.

The scarier part is that this set-up was written a year before I started this webcomic, back when I thought about creating an anonymous webcomic about school life in general. (I recently found some of the notes. Not much I would actually publish today.)

I've started this comic before, but I was never satisfied with how I moved my characters around, which, frankly, are a little like Colorforms(tm) on a handful of backgrounds. And my original set-up was wordier, which is the death of many otherwise fine comics. I wanted a penultimate beat panel, but I thought an eight-panel version would be both too long and too big.

In the words of the guy doing editorials on Ch. 11 when I was a kid, "What's your opinion? We'd like to know."
("We'd" meaning "I'd", of course.)


UPDATE: Almost forgot: Happy Fibonacci Day! to readers outside the U.S., using a dd/mm/yy dating system.




No comments: