Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Kissing Numbers

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2022, C. Burke. "AnthroNumerics" is a trademark of Christopher J. Burke and (x, why?).

Who am I kidding? i would've tempted fate and brought it up had I the chance to.

Truth is (grumble, grumble) that I'm still settling into a new curriculum in a new semester in a new classroom ... with ancient tecnhology. The PC is probably older than my high school students. It's slow and the monitor is distorted. I can barely do my work let alone squeeze in a little extra. And then there's all the translating I have to do because there isn't anyone else there to do it. Did I mention "grumble, grumble"?

Okay, so "kissing numbers" was, in fact, the subject of the February 14 math calendar entry, and the writeup fell to me. (Okay, so I volunteered it.) Rather than a cartoon, I just did a straight explanation, so I didn't publish it as Monday's cartoon.

So six cirlces can kiss one circle at one time, and 12 spheres can kiss a sphere at one time.



I also write Fiction!


You can now preorder Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Preorder the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.





Come back often for more funny math and geeky comics.



No comments: