Thursday, January 15, 2015

That Moment When . . . II

(Click on the comic if you can't see the full image.)
(C)Copyright 2015, C. Burke.

At least most of the student work I'd hung up had been taken down. Most of it.

Another teacher, new to the school this year, asked me about document cameras, and wondered why she had the only math classroom without one. Equipment moves around sometimes, and she could request one. She told me a few days later that she happened to open the bottom drawer of her desk and found the camera in that drawer.

I stopped and stared in disbelief and told her the story. I was the first teacher to get one because the AP insisted I try it out. They were in such a hurry to set me up that they never locked it down or attached it to the desk or the computer. At the end of the year, after a brief though of larceny, I put it in that drawer so it would be out of sight and somewhat safe. Nearly a year and a half later, it was still in the same spot. Whoever had the room in the intervening time either hadn't used the drawer or didn't know how to use the camera.

By the way, this was the very same camera which was used to lure me into my surprise 50th birthday party.





No comments: