Friday, June 12, 2009

Bro. Steve

(Click on the cartoon to see the entire image.)
(C)Copyright 2009, C. Burke. All rights reserved.


Bro. Steve is among the school's honorees tonight for his many years of service
-- including three with me.




UPDATE: I found out this weekend from The Tablet that not only is Bro. Steve Keitzman, CFX, celebrating his 50th year as a Xaverian brother, but Bro. Warren Abel, CFX, my former vice principal (who took over the reins the year after I left) is celebrating his 60th year. Bro. Warren is now retired. Congratulations -- and thanks! -- to both of you.

2 comments:

Neil Papamechail said...

Brother Steve? Back in my day, in the '80s, had someone called him Brother Steve, I think his head would have exploded.

(x, why?) said...

Are we talking about the same person? All the Brothers in the school were referred to by their first name or their full name.

He wasn't Brother "Steven", that's for sure. If his last name was used, generally it was without any honorific and not used as a form of address.