Tuesday, May 25, 2021

I'm Answering Some Writing Prompts

This is a reminder, as if you needed one, that I like to try my hand at writing. One of the things I like to do is answer a few Writing Prompts every week. (I'd do it every day if I could keep up with it.) Most of these are basically first drafts written in under an hour, but I'm happy with how they came out.

If you are on Reddit, you can vote on some of my recent entries. Even if you aren't, you can still read some of them.

Here are links to my last five, with working titles. Check them out and let me know what you think -- either on reddit or here. Thanks!

  • Devil With an Angel: An angel accidentally gets her wings clipped and is cared for by an angel
  • Not a Hero, Just a Temp: a humorous take on the trope that No Hero Can Kill the Demon Lord ... but what about Larry from Accounting?
  • Daughter of Two Fae: A woman made a deal with a faerie in exchange for her firstborn, a man did the same thing before two ever met and had a child
  • Diary of an Immortal: every 100 years, an immortal's mind is wiped for the sake of his sanity, but he keeps a journal
  • Cead Mile Faulty: a Celt from the year 1021 is transported 1,000 years into the future

Thanks again for reading, and for your votes and comments.

No comments: