Saturday, March 01, 2014

Lunacon Promo-Page

Every March, I go to Lunacon, a great science-fiction convention held in Rye Brook, NY. For the past few years, I have printed out a sheet or two of comics from this site. Nothing too fancy: just four or five (x, why?) comics, along with a logo and the URL for the blog and the comics-only site. Simple little promotion, and cheaper than bookmarks. (Actually, I looked into bookmarks once, but apparently, my comic dimensions and resolution are all out of whack.)

Are there any recent favorites, say, from the past year or two, that I should use? I'd lean toward the standalone jokes, not requiring background knowledge of the characters. And because it's a science fiction convention, the geekier or more "science-y" the better -- but only if the science is right. And, of course, there has to be some math and logic because that's the focus of the strip. I don't want to give the wrong impression.

Ideally, I would have to include my main characters, both human and numeric. Maybe the shapes as well, but there aren't any who stand out as characters.

I'm throwing the door open to suggestions. Either list them in the comments or email me or tweet me.

3 comments:

Gregory Taylor said...

I liked the parallel-o-gram...
http://mrburkemath.blogspot.ca/2013/12/parallelogram.html

Granted, it doesn't really fit the requirements... but so long as I'm doing an archive browse anyway, here's a couple others I enjoyed:
http://mrburkemath.blogspot.ca/2013/11/exponential-decay.html (featuring teaching)
http://mrburkemath.blogspot.ca/2013/06/super-3-d.html (featuring scifi connection)

My sense of humour is not meant to be representative.

(x, why?) said...

All good ones. thanks. I liked the parallelogram, and it'd be on the bubble if I use some of my Halloween movie parodies, particularly Parallelostein and Die, Agonal, Die!

I actually had to double check Super 3D because I'd forgotten the joke that went with the title.

(x, why?) said...

Sadly, there may not be a promo page, as there just hasn't been time this year. Sigh.